Ads by Amazon UK

19 January 2014

London day trip

Untitled


Early December 2013, I went down to London to process some documents at the Philippine embassy. I brought along my camera (Olympus E-PL2 + mZuiko 17mm f2.8) as I plan to do a photowalk if I finished early.

By mid-afternoon I was finished with my purpose at the embassy. I knew the office was located near Trafalgar Square so I went looking for it. It was just a couple of minutes walk away.

It was not a good day for photos as it was cold and the sky was grey. But, I was already there.

According to Wikipedia:
Trafalgar Square is a public space and tourist attraction in central London... built around the area formerly known as Charing Cross. It is situated in the borough of the City of Westminster. At its centre is Nelson's Column, which is guarded by four lion statues at its base. There are a number of commemorative statues and sculptures in the square, while one plinth, left empty since it was built in 1840, The Fourth Plinth, has been host to contemporary art since 1999.

From Trafalgar Square I walk to The Mall, initially planning to go straight to Buckingham Palace. Instead, I turned left towards Horse Guard Road deciding to go to Whitehall. From there I will pass by Downing Street and end up at Big Ben.

Before reaching Horse Guards Road, I passed by the National Police Memorial and took the photo below of vine leaves in all its autumnal colour glory.

Untitled


I finished my photowalk at Big Ben, close to nearby Westminster station where I took the train back to Kings Cross. Although it was a quick walk, I still have enough keepers so I'm happy.

Please check out more photos from the walk in my Flickr set London day trip. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment